Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Schirmer's Early Intermediate Level Masterpieces

During the pandemic, I started teaching myself piano. Recently, I've been working my way through a book of 'selected piano masterpieces' from Schirmer's Library of Musical Classics: Early Intermediate Level. Of course, this is all public domain, and you can get the music online, but it's nice to have it in a book.

That said, it's also nice to be able to hear the pieces, and for that I've been using MuseScore, which is open source music notation software that will also 'play' whatever you enter into it. There's also a huge library of music that various people have uploaded into it, including a lot of the 'classics'. 

So here's a list of links to versions of the pieces in the mentioned book. Note that you can download these or play them directly from the site. Please let me know if any of the links should break.

The first five are sometimes attributed to JS Bach, but are now not thought to have been written by him. The first is usually attributed to Christian Petzold, for example.

* Not yet on MuseScore. Apparently, I'm going to have to do it myself...
Official Scores cannot be downloaded but may be more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, but they are expected to be civil.
Please don't bother spamming me. I'm only going to delete it.